Recipe: Tom Yum Shrimp Soup
- 1 oz-Oils of Aloha mac-nut oil
- 1 tbs- Ginger minced
- 1 tbs- Garlic minced
- 1 tbs – ginger minced
- 3 ea –Lemongrass bruised bottoms only
- 4 ea- Kafir Lime leaves ripped
- 2-oz- four j’s white sugar
- ¼ cup- Wai Ehu –Chili Water
- 1 oz- Aloha Shoyu
- ¼ cup -green tea The Tea Chest
- 1-cup- Aloha Shoyu vinegar
- 2 can – Hawaiian Sun Coconut milk
- 1 cup- chicken stock
- 1 oz- miso
- 1lb Wild American Shrimp cut in ¼ inch pieces
- 4 ea- mushrooms cut in quarters
- 1 ea Ho farms tomato cut in quarters
- Garnish with hearts of palm rings
1. In a saucepan on medium high heat add oil, ginger, shallots garlic, lemongrass, kafir lime and brown till caramelized about 5 minutes
2. Add sugar and stir 1 minute till dissolved into caramel
3. Add chili water, shoyu, tea, chicken stock and vinegar reducing for 6 minutes till concentrated by ¼.
4. Pour Coconut milk into silken and add miso whisking to dissolve.
5. Add Prawns with tomato and mushroom for about 3 minutes on simmer till prawns are cooked and serve.
You may use the shells of the prawns in the broth for flavor.
Yields 1 quart
*ALL OF THESE INGREDIENTS ARE USED FOR CHEF APTAKIN’S LAYERS OF FLAVOR CATERING COMPANY BASED IN HAWAII, CAUSING MOST OF THESE INGREDIENTS TO BE SOURCED IN HAWAII. HOWEVER, YOU MAY USE GENERIC INGREDIENTS IF THESE PARTICULAR SOURCES ARE UNAVAILABLE IN YOUR LOCATION.
For all of the shrimp that Americans eat (the average American consumes 4.1 pounds of shrimp per year) one might wonder, “How do shrimpers catch...
Ingredients: 1 pound fresh Wild American Shrimp, peeled, deveined, cleaned, and blotted dry 1/4 pound pork belly fat, diced 2 egg whites 1 teaspoon sugar...
Over the years, the American Shrimp Processors Association and Wild American Shrimp have encouraged consumers to look at the front and back of packages of...