- 1 oz-Oils of Aloha mac-nut oil
- 1 tbs- Ginger minced
- 1 tbs- Garlic minced
- 1 tbs – ginger minced
- 3 ea –Lemongrass bruised bottoms only
- 4 ea- Kafir Lime leaves ripped
- 2-oz- four j’s white sugar
- ¼ cup- Wai Ehu –Chili Water
- 1 oz- Aloha Shoyu
- ¼ cup -green tea The Tea Chest
- 1-cup- Aloha Shoyu vinegar
- 2 can – Hawaiian Sun Coconut milk
- 1 cup- chicken stock
- 1 oz- miso
- 1lb Wild American Shrimp cut in ¼ inch pieces
- 4 ea- mushrooms cut in quarters
- 1 ea Ho farms tomato cut in quarters
- Garnish with hearts of palm rings
1. In a saucepan on medium high heat add oil, ginger, shallots garlic, lemongrass, kafir lime and brown till caramelized about 5 minutes
2. Add sugar and stir 1 minute till dissolved into caramel
3. Add chili water, shoyu, tea, chicken stock and vinegar reducing for 6 minutes till concentrated by ¼.
4. Pour Coconut milk into silken and add miso whisking to dissolve.
5. Add Prawns with tomato and mushroom for about 3 minutes on simmer till prawns are cooked and serve.
You may use the shells of the prawns in the broth for flavor.
Yields 1 quart